Thursday, February 13, 2014

Flying is much different this time

No weight loss to report.  Weight gain? Unsure,  the scale moves up and down throughout the day.   I'm still in the! Same range add I have been,  so that's a positive.
I'm flying to Nashville again.  I do have a few thing to say about this experience.   Do you understand how much I enjoy walking? After being unable to walk or stand due to the pain,  walking through the airport and avoiding the people movers is such a thrill.   I can't wait for this wonder to be over so I can walk safely again.  I know Duchess misses it very much.   I came to the walking realization on my way to the D terminal in the airport.  I moved so easily,  I enjoyed it very much.   Please never take your ability to walk without issue for granted. 
I find myself having much more patience with those who do not hands that ability.  Been there . Done that. Keep the t- shirt.
As far as my behind in the plane,  noticeable difference.   I still require an extender.   Last time I flew in early October,  I was 15 pounds heavier.   Was does the 15 pound difference do?  Well,  it is still snug for me in the seat.  However,  all of me is in my seat.   I can,  for at least a flight of this length,  sit without needing the arm rests up in between the seats.  Positive signs that lift my spirits.
Another change in flying that doesn't deal with weight loss,  the ability to use this in plane mode as we take off.   That's right,  I'm composing this as we take off.
The only thing I've eaten this morning was a mini bagel from the United Club.   After last night,  that's a good thing.   Those who know me personally or flew me on FB read my ordeal.  Long story short,  car broke down.  Say on size of the highway for 4 hours.  Car impounded.
Well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment