Sunday, December 28, 2014

December 28, 2014

Hey! Merry Christmas! (and Happy "Whichever holiday" you celebrate).

Few more days until 2015. Time flies. 

Well,  this weekend I started my new workout. I'm doing those walking videos.   Gretchen suggested them, I just finally got around to buying one and downloading a few others.   Good workouts. Little room required.  Easy on the body AND gets my step count up!   Woo Hoo!.  

I'll let you know how good I am at doing them during the week.   Three days in a row does not a pattern make.

Today I'm prepping to go to a family get together tonight.   I ended up making a second item. A diet Cola Cake.  

When all said and done, a piece is about 110 calories, 2.4 grams of fat and 12 grams of sugar.

 That's for both the cake AND frosting.

Versus 145 calories, 7 grams of fat, 10 grams of sugar in the CAKE ALONE.

Pretty cool.   Plus I modified a few things to give it a little more taste to make up for the lack of sugar. It's pretty good.  I'm hoping it solidifies a bit better in the fridge. Right now it's very crumbly. 

I've been walking the dogs as well as doing what I can exercise wise. I am still having some severe knee issues. Additionally, I'm having back issues. It's not the same issues I had before. MY back has really been bothering me like I pulled or injured something.   It's in the middle of my back vs the lower back.

I find myself having to do some major stretching before and after bed.   It's the only thing that seems to reduce the pain.   Wonder what I did.

Well, if you're interested in the recipe I used for my cake (I'll take a picture and post here later today)
Again this is what I chose to make. Modify appropriately for taste

1 box devil's food cake mix
12 oz of Cherry Coke Zero
1 tsp of cherry extract

Mix and bake according to the instructions  (or how long YOUR oven works.  I always have to reduce time by 10 mins).

After the cake is completely cool

Frosting
1 8oz tub of fat free cool whip
3 oz of fat free, sugar free chocolate fudge instant pudding
1 Cup of fat free milk.

Fold the dry pudding into the cool whip. Add 1/2 the milk to start.  Keep mixing and adding the rest of the milk until you either have used all the milk or reach a desired consistency.

Frost your cake.


Enjoy!..

No comments:

Post a Comment