Sunday, April 26, 2015

Let's take a moment

I'm going to veer off course for today. 

Last night I attended a fund raiser/benefit for someone I've met once, but know of pretty well.  We share a mutual friend and that is how I first became aware of Ally.

I don't think I'm sharing out of turn being as her fight is not been a secret.

Long story short, Ally was born with Cystic Fibrosis.  She had a double lung transplant approximately 10 years ago.  She was doing well until she wasn't.  Her body is rejecting her lungs and after a long fight, she's decided to just live the rest of her life as comfortably as she can.

I've read some of her posts and it just stuns me how some people can just go on, knowing their dying, but not acting like it. 

This woman has more strength in her pinky than I do.  I don't think I would be so strong if places were reversed.  

She has so much love, family, and friendship around her it's not fair she should be 'suffering' so. 

Ally is only in her 30's and still has so much vim & vigor, I hope she keeps fighting for years to come. 
Her fight makes my fight and complaints about weight loss seem so inconsequential.  I am so grateful that I am healthy enough to have these problems.   


The benefit I attended is to help with her medical bills, memorial fund, and help

https://www.facebook.com/AllyZappePrayerChain#
Follow Ally during her fight...  


http://www.gofundme.com/AllysonZappeFund

"
The cost of staying healthy has taken a toll on her and her family financially. Your donation will help with the rest of her medical and hospice expenses along with  helping to start a college fund for her daughter, Olivia. "



So I just wanted to take today off and not bitch or complain about weight loss. I wanted to take today to appreciate the fact that I'm healthy and acknowledge there are those who would trade places with me in a heartbeat.
I also wanted to introduce to you someone who has more fight and courage than anyone I know.

I met her when I attended her 30th birthday party. It was a quick introduction, but she had so much life in her--it has always stayed with me.  

So today just take a moment to appreciate what you have, who you have, and be thankful.  
If you have a moment-read up on Ally, donate, or get to know about this incredibly strong lady.


http://westlife.northcoastnow.com/river-resident-still-going-strong-five-years-after-lung-transplant/



No comments:

Post a Comment