Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Protein Sparing Modified Fast: Day 1 & 2.

I. AM. Hungry!
Well now that I'm on the diet I can definitely see the differences between Atkins and PSMF.   
On PSMF you count your protein intake - Not carbs. Additionally, this diet is much stricter than Atkins ever was. 
To give you a clue, this is my intake yesterday. "Totals" is what I actually ate.  "Daily goal" is what I had been aiming for prior to going on this diet. See photo below.
You eat lean meats, two servings of veggies, and that's pretty much it. I'm allowed a ½ C of sugar free Jell-O a day (which is the highlight of my day).  I am also allowed unlimited quantities of lettuce and celery.   That sounds great right?  NO dip.  Unless I can fit it into the flavor enhancer, but that requires no fat and only 3 carbs or less.   Fun stuff (NOT)!
I made it through day one with 726 Calories.   I wasn't too bad yesterday.  It was Monday, so I went to bed early and that helped cut down the craving ;)
Today is getting a little tougher.   Part of me is wondering how much of the hunger I'm feeling is true hunger (as in I need to eat) versus the I normally know I eat more than this, give me something to munch on.  I'm drinking tons of water, as it's required AND I'm thirsty and to help curb the hunger.
I'm looking at the rest of the day. I only have room for 4.5 more ounces of meat.  I'm topped out on my veggies since I snacked on a big bowl of broccoli.   So I'm going to have to go with something I can put in a salad, since lettuce is an unlimited thing. 
I hope ketosis kicks in quickly.  I need to have this "curbed" appetite soon.  I'm SOOOO HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read about the PSMF
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/obesity/hic_psmf_diet_program.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment