Monday, September 16, 2013

Product Review: Bolthouse Farms dressings

So, about two weeks ago I stumbled upon these dressings at the Target in Avon. I had stopped there because I wanted to see what our Target would look like once construction is done.
Bolthouse Farms Yogurt based Salad Dressings

As I looked around, I came across the Ranch and Chunky Blue cheese. The two things that caught my attention were 1) they were yogurt based and 2) 35 Calories in the chunky blue cheese!   (45 in the Ranch).


So, since I'm all about salads and a possible dressing that will reduce my caloric and fat intake AND possibly have flavor?  You bet I bought them to try them out.

While I've only had the Ranch once, it tasted like Ranch.   I need to have it again to get a better feel for it.
The Chunky Blue Cheese however, DELISH! OMG, is it good.  I put it on one of my WW Spicy Chicken sandwiches and it was to die for.   

Nutrition wise, let's compare against Wish Bone's Chunky Blue Cheese:(taken from myfitnesspal)

Wish-Bone Salad Dressing - Chunky Bleu Cheese Dressing (left)     Bolhouse (right)

  1.   
Calories150Sodium270 mg
Total Fat15 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated3 gTotal Carbs1 g
Polyunsaturated8 gDietary Fiber0 g
Monounsaturated3 gSugars1 g
Trans1 gProtein0 g
Cholesterol5 mg  
Vitamin A0%Calcium0%
Vitamin C0%Iron0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Flavor & better for you?  Total Win!    If you're looking for a way to cut calories without giving up taste, I highly recommend this.   I'm going to keep an eye out for the other flavors so I can try them out.   

Here's a link to another reviewer:http://glutenfreeville.com/product-reviews/bolthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment